Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common, with over 80,000 pedestrians being struck each year. These accidents often result in severe injuries or fatalities. If you’ve been a victim of a pedestrian accident, it’s important to seek the assistance of a Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyer. At Burton & Vazquez, our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and resources to handle your case, managing insurance companies and legal teams on your behalf.
For a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your pedestrian accident case, contact our firm at (702) 213-0303. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t have to pay unless we win your case.
Immediate Steps to Take After Being Hit By a Car
If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s crucial to take the following steps:
- Seek medical help: Your health and well-being should be the top priority. Get medical assistance immediately to treat your injuries.
- Contact the police: Notify the police and provide a statement about the accident. The police report will be important evidence for your case.
- Gather information: Collect relevant information about the accident, including records of your injuries, the driver’s information (if applicable), and contact details of any witnesses present. Take photos of the accident scene using your phone or ask a witness to do so.
- Trust our investigation: If the driver flees the scene or you’re rushed to the hospital without exchanging information, our team at Burton & Vazquez will conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf. We’ll gather the necessary evidence to support your case.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents and Seeking Compensation
Pedestrian accidents are often caused by driver negligence. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers not paying attention to the road, using their phones, or engaging in other distractions.
- Speeding: Drivers exceeding the speed limit and being unable to stop in time.
- Failure to yield: Drivers not stopping at red lights or yielding to pedestrians.
- Driving under the influence: Accidents caused by drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Injuries from pedestrian accidents can be severe, resulting in spinal, back, neck, or head injuries. Dealing with insurance companies and the party at fault can be challenging, as they may try to minimize compensation. With our experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyers by your side, we’ll fight to protect your rights and seek the full compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial burdens.
Contact Burton & Vazquez for a Free Consultation
At Burton & Vazquez, we offer free consultations to victims of pedestrian accidents. You pay nothing unless we win your case. Contact our team at (702) 213-0303 to schedule a consultation. We understand the difficulties you’re facing, and we’re here to help you navigate the legal process and recover the compensation you need.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics in Las Vegas
Pedestrian accidents are on the rise nationwide, and Las Vegas is no exception. In the United States, a pedestrian is killed every 1.6 hours, and an injury occurs every 7.5 minutes. In Nevada, pedestrian accidents account for 29% of traffic accident fatalities, with 91 deaths in 2017. In Clark County alone, there were 78 pedestrian fatalities, representing over 85% of the state’s total.
Common Areas for Pedestrian Accidents in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, with its bustling streets and high tourist activity, sees a significant number of pedestrian accidents. Areas with higher speed limits, increased pedestrian traffic, and potential blind spots for drivers are more prone to accidents. Some of these areas include Dean Martin Drive, Tropicana Avenue, Fremont Street, North and South Las Vegas Boulevard, Frank Sinatra Drive, and South Lamb Boulevard.
Preventing Pedestrian Accidents in Las Vegas
To avoid accidents, both drivers and pedestrians should exercise caution in Las Vegas. Drivers should be mindful of pedestrians and adhere to traffic signals, while pedestrians should be aware of their surroundings at all times, even in areas with no traffic. Obstructed or damaged roads, sidewalks, and parking lots can also contribute to accidents.
Consult with a Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, it’s important to consult with a knowledgeable attorney. At Burton & Vazquez, we’re dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us at (702) 213-0303 for a free consultation. Remember, you pay nothing unless we win your case.