Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, and it’s crucial for riders to understand their rights and seek legal assistance. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact Burton & Vazquez, a leading Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney at 702-213-0303 for a free consultation. Our experienced team will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve as a victim of a motorcycle collision.
What to Do if You’re Involved in a Motorcycle Accident If you find yourself in a motorcycle accident, follow these steps to protect yourself and your legal rights:
- Prioritize safety: Move away from the road and damaged motorcycle to a safe location. Avoid potential hazards, especially if there’s a fuel leak.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine, unseen internal injuries may exist. Promptly visit a doctor for a thorough examination, as delayed pain and suffering can complicate your claim.
- Document the accident: Record as much information as possible about the accident. Take notes, capture photos of the scene, damaged vehicles, and road conditions using your cell phone camera. Gather contact details of any witnesses and check for nearby traffic or security cameras that could provide valuable evidence.
- Contact an attorney: Don’t delay seeking legal assistance. Call Burton & Vazquez, the trusted Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney, at 702-213-0303. Our team will guide you through the legal process and help gather evidence to support your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents
How can a Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney help?
Our attorneys will build a strong case to maximize your compensation. We investigate the accident site, review police reports and available camera footage, interview witnesses, and consult medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists to establish fault and damages accurately.
What insurance coverage should motorcyclists have?
Nevada law mandates minimum insurance coverage, including bodily injury, fatalities, and property damage. Consider additional coverage like collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to protect against accidents and injuries.
What are the requirements for legal motorcycle operation in Nevada?
Ensure your motorcycle is street legal, adhering to Nevada’s regulations. This includes functioning components such as brakes, turn signals, fenders, adjustable footrests, headlights, mirrors, and proper lighting.
Is wearing a helmet mandatory in Nevada?
Yes, Nevada has a universal helmet law. All motorcycle riders must wear helmets, regardless of age or experience, to reduce the risk of injury in a collision.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Motorcycle accidents can occur due to various factors, including:
- Negligent drivers: Other motorists may fail to share the road safely with motorcycles, leading to accidents such as lane-switching without regard, opening car doors in the motorcycle’s path, or making left turns that cut off riders.
- Distracted and reckless driving: Drivers engaged in distractions, speeding, or violating traffic rules pose significant risks to motorcyclists.
- Road conditions: Poor weather, uneven surfaces, obstacles, or negligent pedestrians can cause accidents. Defensive driving is crucial for motorcyclists to navigate these hazards.
- Mechanical failure: Improper motorcycle assembly or faulty repairs can result in accidents, potentially warranting legal action.
Contact Burton & Vazquez, the experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys, at 702-213-0303 for a free consultation. We’ll fight for your rights and strive to secure the compensation you deserve as a victim of a motorcycle collision.