Commercial Trucking Accidents
An accident involving a commercial truck and a car can have devastating consequences, causing significant damage and personal injuries. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Las Vegas, it’s crucial to work with a trusted truck accident law firm like Burton & Vazquez. Our experienced truck accident attorneys will fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries and Property Damage
Each truck accident case is unique, but you may be eligible for various forms of compensation when filing a personal injury claim. These can include:
- Coverage for medical expenses, including emergency care, short-term treatment, or long-term rehabilitation.
- Compensation for lost wages due to time off work.
- Reimbursement for miscellaneous expenses related to the accident.
- Disability benefits, whether partial or full, depending on the extent of your injuries.
- Property replacement or repair costs.
Differences Between Truck Accidents and Car Accidents
Truck accidents differ from accidents involving only cars in several ways:
- Increased weight and damage: Commercial trucks are significantly heavier than passenger vehicles, sometimes up to 30 times heavier. This weight difference is why truck accidents often result in severe damage. The height of semi-trucks can also lead to smaller cars becoming trapped underneath, causing further injury and damage.
- More severe injuries: Due to the size and weight of trucks, even low-speed collisions can result in acute injuries that require long-term medical treatment. Injuries to the back, neck, and brain can have long-lasting and devastating consequences.
- Involvement of multiple parties: Truck accidents can involve more parties beyond just the driver. You’ll need to navigate the legal teams and insurance companies representing the trucking company. Working with an experienced Las Vegas truck accident attorney is essential to ensure you have the necessary information and evidence to support your personal injury claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident in Las Vegas
After a truck accident, it’s crucial to take the following steps:
- Seek medical assistance: If you’re injured, prioritize getting medical help. Even if you initially declined medical attention, it’s advisable to see a doctor as some injuries may not manifest immediately.
- Obtain a police report: Contact the police and request an accident report. This official document includes crucial details about the accident, such as the names of drivers involved and the sequence of events. Request a copy of the report for your records.
- Document the scene: Use your cellphone to take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, license plates of the truck, skid marks, and road conditions. The more photographic evidence you gather, the stronger your case will be.
- Gather information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver involved in the accident. If there are witnesses, collect their contact information as well. Their statements can serve as valuable evidence.
- Avoid communicating with the driver’s representatives: Refrain from speaking with representatives from the trucking company or their insurance providers. They may try to settle the case quickly and offer inadequate compensation. It’s best to consult with a Las Vegas truck accident attorney first to protect your rights.
- Take detailed notes: Write down all relevant details about the accident, including the events leading up to it, statements made by the other driver, the responding officer’s name, and the truck driver’s information. These notes will help support your insurance claim and establish fault.
- Prioritize your well-being: If you initially declined medical attention, but later experience pain or injuries, see a doctor as soon as possible. Prompt medical attention is crucial for both your health and the legal process.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Las Vegas
Truck accidents can occur due to various reasons, including:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often have demanding schedules, leading to fatigue and the risk of falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving: Distractions like cell phone use, adjusting controls, or reading maps can lead to accidents, especially for drivers handling large loads.
- Improper truck maintenance: Negligence in truck maintenance can result in accidents, such as debris falling onto the road from poorly secured cargo.
- Ignoring road rules or conditions: Truck drivers must comply with traffic laws and regulations, particularly considering the size and limitations of their vehicles.
Trust Burton & Vazquez for Your Truck Accident Case
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Las Vegas, rely on the experienced legal team at Burton & Vazquez. Contact us at 702-213-0303 for a free consultation. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we win your case. Don’t worry about legal costs—focus on your recovery while we fight for the compensation you deserve.